Wednesday, January 26, 2005

You Are Powerful

A quick realization . . . You are in absolute control over how you feel. If you feel tired, put upon, depressed because of something in life that you feel you have no control over . . . Just choose it! I'm serious. If you look at a lot of things in life that you complain about, relationships, money, jobs etc., if you simply own the fact that it's yours and you chose it, the complaint goes away.

I have an aspect of my job that I wrote about in a previous blog that until recently has driven me crazy. It's doing the early morning weathercast at the station. For about 2 1/2 hours I do the same thing over and over and over again. It's like the movie Groundhog Day. Each day was dragging and I was bored. It turned around when I chose it! I simply accepted that it's a part of my awesome job, and that I was in control of my life and this was a part of my life that I choose fully. I now have a blast with it. I banter with our meteorologist during breaks and otherwise entertain myself, challenge myself, and I find the job I do is more fun. I also am doing a better job at it.

So choose what you do! And what you don't choose? Choose to change it!

No comments: