Monday, June 05, 2006

Getting ready for changes

What is going on in this world? I'm driving to work this morning and punch the buttons on my radio and keep getting violence, depression, depraved disc jockeys and more . . . Where's the love?Don't get me wrong, I know there's violence in the world, that people starve and die, that we kill one another over the smallest of offenses or desires, but do we have to? Think about it. What is the answer? I don't have THE ANSWER. A lot of people are looking for someone to tell them it's ok and everything will get better. I'm here to say bullshit. It won't get better unless things take a drastic turn. And by things I mean the way you and I treat each other. Because unless I start altering the way I deal with stress and adversity it isn't going to happen.

The environment is tanking, global warming is revving up the energy in the atmosphere, the U.S dollar is soon to no longer be a standard of trade for oil, gold is rising, Greenspan is done with his high wire act of financial wizadry and the amount needed for gassing up the family Astro van is $51 dollars!! People are feeling the crunch, countries are feeling the crunch and our emotions are starting to percolate. That translates into more global conflict, more senseless murder, more hunger, more suffering, even to flipping the bird in traffic. It's possible that it will get worse. What are you going to do today? Maybe when you go to lunch you can walk a block or two instead of driving. Feel the sun on your face, the breeze through your hair. To merely exitst isn't enough. Make a small change for the better for your world, your neighbor, your environment.

No comments: